Erectile dysfunction is the worst thing for a man. Of particular interest are the possible causes of impotence and ways to treat it. Factors that lead to impotence are associated with both organic prerequisites and psychological state.
The main causes of erectile dysfunction
The key and most common causes of impotence in men vary depending on age. If at the age of 25, erectile dysfunction is more often caused by violations in the psychological sphere, then after 40 years, the roots of the problem should be sought in the state of men’s health.
Causes of erectile dysfunction at a young age
Medical statistics confirm that in modern conditions, erectile function problems are increasingly faced by young men, even 16 years old. The causes of impotence in young men in most cases are psychogenic.
Reduction or complete loss of an erection – a consequence:
- Deep and suppressed emotional trauma of puberty or childhood;
- Lack of sexual experience – more often occurs in young men under 20 years of age;
- Unsuccessful sexual relations;
- Failure expectation syndrome;
- Fears of infections;
- Fears of possible pregnancy;
- Professional and financial difficulties;
- Difficult relationships with a friend;
- Constant exposure to stress and conflict situations;
- Lack of sleep and rest.
Also young men in their 30s suffer from erectile dysfunction as a result of such causes:
- Adherence to “harmful” products;
- Abuse of cigarettes, alcohol, narcotic substances;
- Lack of physical activity;
- Specifics of professional activity associated with inhaling harmful substances, prolonged exposure to cold, heat or high humidity.
Organic causes of male erectile dysfunction:
- Vascular diseases;
- Trauma to the genitals;
- Endocrine pathologies that disrupt the balance of hormones;
- Infections of the genitourinary system;
- Development of benign or malignant tumors;
- Failures of the Central nervous system;
- Excess weight;
- Diseases of the spine.
In addition, an unexpected decrease in potency in young men can develop against the background of prolonged medical treatment or long-term use of anabolic steroids.
Causes of erectile dysfunction at a older men
The main factor that explains erectile dysfunction in old age is a decrease in the production of testosterone, which occurs for natural reasons. After 50 years, the hormone level can become critically low.
Aggravates the decrease in androgen production: a tendency to a sedentary lifestyle and excessive use of alcohol and tobacco. Doctors also identify the following causes of male impotence that occurs in middle and old age:
- Pathologies of the genitourinary system – prostate adenoma, prostatitis, urethritis, kidney disease;
- Overweight, which negatively affects the blood vessels;
- High cholesterol;
- Changes in blood sugar;
- Prolonged therapy with sedatives, tranquilizers, hypertension;
- Disorders of the endocrine system;
- Damage to nerve fibers;
- Work in harmful production for decades;
- Age-related emotional crises.
Causes of erectile dysfunction in men
Andrologists distinguish several varieties, which are divided into male impotence. The causes vary and lie in different areas of a man’s physical and psychological health.
Psychogenic erectile dysfunction is more common in young men, but older members of the stronger sex are not immune from it. The causes of psychological impotence are related to psychosomatic mechanisms: in response to a number of stimuli that occur after emotional trauma, the nervous system reacts in a specific way.
Occurs for the following reasons:
- Negative attitude to the female sex. In the beginning, the offense usually concerns the partner, but later it can spread to all women. Such an attitude provokes tactlessness of a friend or jokes about a man’s abilities;
- Expressed stress. Constant exposure to harsh conditions that cause nervous overstrain triggers the body’s defense mechanism. The psyche of a man is completely fixed on overcoming negative conditions, as a result of which the ability to conduct an intimate act is lost;
- Phobias and fears. They develop as a result of a bright but negative event. They are manifested in the form of fear of pregnancy of the partner, fear of infection, unwillingness to use contraceptives, failure expectation syndrome;
- Trauma of a sexual nature. It consists in the emergence of a stable connection between sexual intercourse and the accompanying negative experiences. As a result, at the level of the subconscious, a man blocks even thoughts of an intimate relationship, and in a situation that is conducive to sex, he cannot achieve an erection;
- An Overabundance of sex. In this case, the body does not have time to recover, and the man observes symptoms of erectile dysfunction;
- Increased motivation. Prolonged waiting for contact and excessive arousal can cause the loss of an erection before starting sexual intercourse;
- Ignoring the woman. If the partner is cold with a man, then the necessary emotional color of intimacy is lost. Against this background, sexual abilities decrease;
- lack of diversity. Some men experience erectile dysfunction during monotonous and traditional sex. To avoid a decrease in potency, they need additional incentives;
- Habit. Another category is characterized by getting used to the partner. To get aroused, you need to smell it and feel the skin. As a result, the rest of the female representatives become uninteresting from an intimate point of view.
Vascular impotence is an organic form of erectile dysfunction that occurs most frequently. The mechanism of development is the deterioration of arterial blood access to the genitals. At the same time, the outflow of venous blood increases.
Causes of poor vascular function – the development of a number of diseases or lifestyle features. Basic premise:
- Hypertension. Leads to a violation of the structure of the vascular walls, resulting in poor blood circulation;
- Diabetes. Negatively affects the male body as a whole, including the arteries;
- Diseases of the heart muscle. Disrupt normal blood flow, lead to a decrease in the filling of the cavernous bodies;
- Atherosclerosis. Changes the blood circulation for the worse due to the accumulation of cholesterol on the walls of the arteries;
- Operations in the pelvic region. Sometimes contribute to the appearance of venous shunts;
- Injuries. With blows and injuries to the groin and abdomen, vascular disorders may occur.
Hormonal impotence occurs when the ratio of androgens and estrogens, as well as prolactin in the body of a man, is deviated. Any fluctuation that changes the balance provokes a cascade of disorders, including a decrease in male strength.
The main causes of erectile dysfunction of a hormonal nature are the development of endocrine pathologies. Among them:
- Diabetes mellitus, which provokes a change in the balance of hormones, as well as disruption of blood vessels and nerve fibers;
- High concentration of prolactin in the blood. An increase in the amount of this hormone leads to a decrease in the level of testosterone, which is responsible for libido and erection;
- A deficiency or overabundance of thyroid hormones. Triggers a chain of reactions, resulting in increased prolactin and reduced testosterone;
- Increased estrogen levels. Excessive amounts of estradiol cause erectile disorders.
Testosterone is an androgen that regulates sexual function. In 15% of cases, the cause of impotence in men is a deficiency of this hormone. In addition to endocrine pathologies, the level of its concentration is affected by dietary habits, physical and sexual activity, and daily routine.
Spinal impotence is also called spinal-cortical impotence. Occurs as a result of disruption of the neurological centers located in the lumbar region.
Depending on the severity of signs of erectile dysfunction, the form is divided into the following types:
- With preservation of excitability of the center of erection and ejaculation;
- With hyperexcitability of both centres;
- With oppression of erection of the centre;
- With increased excitability cock while reducing work eyaculaciones.
The difference between temporary and absolute impotence
According to the degree of severity, impotence can be temporary or absolute. The differences between them are that the last form of erectile dysfunction in men is characterized by: loss of libido and lack of all forms of erection, including spontaneous and morning. If we are talking about absolute impotence, then the cause of male impotence is a serious organic or psychological disease. To start therapy, you need to undergo a full examination and treat, first of all, the underlying disease.
You can avoid developing impotence by following the rules of a healthy diet and lifestyle. If you want to improve your sex life, try buying levitra. Remember that diseases that lead to erectile dysfunction should be treated at an early stage, so an important aspect of prevention is an annual examination.